Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Introducing a Family Member

I'd like to introduce all of you to one of our family members. He crawls around on all fours, we're always catching him digging through the trash and leaving it strewn all over the house, he chases the vaccum, chews on EVERYTHING (his latest favorite is shoes), licks food of the floor, and has an obsession with drinking out of the toilet (seriously, if we don't have the door shut you can rest assured he has snuck in there and is having a hay day). I bet you're all thinking we have a dog right??? Oh no, this is the one and only Tavita making all this trouble. I swear sometimes I feel more like I'm raising a puppy rather than a baby. The whole toilet thing really grosses me out and I am going to get toilet seat locks tonight! He just dips his hand in there and sucks away, literally makes me sick. Brayden used his potty this morning and Junior forgot to empty it. I was standing right next to him gaurding the big toilet, but not looking at him all the sudden I heard the dreaded sucking sound. My heart dropped and I was instantly sick to my stomach I looked down and sure enough there was Tavita with his hand in Brayden's potty. I called Junior and told him we now have a very strict rule of keeping Brayden's toilet EMPTY and desanitized. He laughed and said, "Good thing it was just pee, he's not the first". Still, incredibly gross!
Just more ramblings of my mind, I was struck today with how fast the kids are growing up. Brayden was begging to go play with Carson, since I'm sick I didn't want to go outside so I dressed him and sent him on his way while I watched from the window (he had strict instruction to go the long way around staying on the sidewalk. He seemed so grown up walking around the circle. He meandered for a little while looking at some things at the Rices and Beasleys then hurried on his way to the Shorts house. I don't know why but it seemed like he suddenly became a little boy rather than my baby. Not that walking around the circle is a huge feat or anything (he's done it several times before) he just looked so grown up doing it for some reason, maybe because he was wearing his big boy underwear :-). I don't know, just crazy how fast they grow, do I sound like a mom or what??? Anyway, maybe I should just get my own blog instead of using the family one all the time seeming how I've put in the last three entries and they've all been this week!

3 comments:

David and Carol Orme said...

If you stop using this blog then it will almost never get used.

Kids do grow up fast so enjoy now.

Love Mom

David and Carol Orme said...

I was just thinking about away babies drown, one is toilets. Keep a really close eye on that puppy!
Love Mom

The Fawcett's said...

that is so gross