
For buying our daddy shock-proof (don't know the real name for them) tools for Christmas all those years ago. If he hadn't then he might look a little something like these pliers and wall.
Thanks to you he still around to do fun things with us like race our cool remote control cars!!!
So the other night I was putting the boys to bed while Junior was downstairs switching out a few final swithces and what not. I had just walked out of the boys room and was in mine when I heard a loud pop and the lights flicker. I yell down the stairs to see if Junior was okay and heard nothing. I freaked out and ran down the stairs to find Junior sitting on the dining room floor holding some severely burned pliers in his hand with a totally dazed look and there were black marks all over the wall. He just kept saying over and over, "Whoa, whoa, I would've been dead." He was trying to take out the really weird looking plug in our dining room (we're still searching for what it is if anyone has any suggestions). He thought he had turned off every circuit it could possibly be tied to but apparently since it has so much electricity conducting to it, it's on it's own, unlabeled, circuit. He went to clip a wire and POP! Imagine what would have happened if his pliers conducted electricity! Or if the boys had decided to stick something in that socket! Glad it's out now and I still have a husband!
(These pictures don't do the damage justice, if you look closely you can see there are holes burned THROUGH the pliers!)



PS, I love spiderman so much, I feel the need to go to the bathroom like him while chanting "Spideyguy, spideyguy!" -Tavita

PPS, We've been having a really fun week with LOTS of playing, I'll post pics later tonight, the kiddos are waking up and it's time to start the day!

2 comments:
We are glad we still have a wonderful son in law with us on earth, and that the house did not burn down either.
You know you could have flushed the toilet before you took the last picture. Is that how he always sits/squats on the toilet?
Love you Mom
Yeah that's a 20 amp 250 volt plug more than twice what the regular outlets are. Not sure why it was in the dining room. Generally it is/was used for stoves or dryers. Maybe there was some sort of heater that used to be plugged into it? But yeah it could have done some damage. Glad no one got hurt too bad from it.
Post a Comment